I talk about sovereignty all the time. It’s a program I offer. But more than all else, it’s a reality, a truth, that I see and understand as *just* a given.
Let me explain.
I believe that you — fully yourself, fully authentic, fully honest, fully aligned, fully in your integrity, fully present (I could go on) — already ARE sovereign.
I believe that sovereignty is inherent, implied, implicit, irrefutable, intact within you. It IS you.
And this means that
there is nothing you need to strive toward, do more of, fix, solve, remedy, purge, add, or somehow overcome in order to be sovereign.
Did I mention? You already are.
So, the “work” of being sovereign is about remembering that this is true, that this is who you are — bottom line, underneath it all.
- Underneath all the messaging you’ve absorbed (and even believed) from culture and family and religion and patriarchy.
- Underneath all the chatter in your own mind — about how you are not enough or, more often, too much.
- Underneath all of the fears and risks and costs and consequences that you are relatively certain will ensue IF you are fully sovereign, fully yourself.
- Underneath all the ways in which other people perceive you (whether that’s in alignment with what you know/believe/feel, or not).
- Underneath all the roles and titles and responsibilities.
Ahhhh. There you are! You: completely yourself, all of you, sovereign — already and always. Remember?
Rarely do we stay in this place, this state, this awareness in a 24/7 sort-of way. I have to remember — over and over again. And when I do, I can see that it shows up for me in glimpses and glimmers:
- When I’ve taken the leap and expressed my true feelings in a relationship (instead of the ones I thought the other person could handle).
- When I’ve expressed my (unpopular, but no less true) opinion at work.
- When I’ve stepped onto a stage and somehow, miraculously, overcome my insecurities and fears — even for those minutes.
- When I’ve watched a Netflix series, start to finish, with one of my daughters — looking over at her and feeling so profoundly grateful that she is who she is and that I get to be me, fully me, in her presence.
- When I’m talking with a friend who has enough history with me that she notices and names what she sees in me, when she calls me to more, when she reflects back what she knows to be true. (And when I can do the same.)
- When I am writing — especially in those blessed moments when I am unimpeded by my inner critic or Resistance — putting every bit of my head and heart on the page.
- When I am in conversation with a client, listening deeply to their heart and simultaneously hearing the know-that-I-know-that-I-know voice within me; being clear in that moment about what is mine to say, what grace is mine to extend, what wisdom is mine to offer.
- I could go on.
All of these are moments. But, when added together, they create markers along the way, plumb lines of sovereignty’s presence, me — at my core — being all of who I am.
Ahhhh. Right. Now I remember.
And this is what I’m inviting you to, as well. Remember who you are when you are most yourself, underneath it all, and yes, worth stating again, sovereign — inherent, implied, implicit, irrefutable, intact, through and through.
This is what we look at together, talk about together, and remember together in SOVEREIGNTY — my live, 9-week program. An open invitation into all of who you, you as completely yourself; calling you into, up to, forward to your fullest self: all of your wisdom, all of your agency, all of your courage, and endless, endless hope. It’s beautiful. You are. Remember?
Registration closes on Monday, 9/6/21. We begin together on 9/9/21. All the details are here (including a payment plan, if helpful).
You ARE sovereign — already and always. I’m right about this. Let’s remember our way back, together.
May it be so.