Though there is much I could speak to, let’s start with the resume-esque details. Further down the page you’ll see the more anecdotal (and slightly more amusing) specifics.
Work Experience – some highlights:
- decades (yes, decades) of experience that spans multiple industries: nonprofits, academics and higher-ed, the federal government, and for-profits
- 15+ years of executive-level leadership
- Senior VP for a global leadership development company focusing on communication skills, conflict resolution, feedback, coaching, delegation, and accountability
SPEAKING / COACHING
- more than 4,000 hours of one-on-one coaching with business owners, leaders, creatives, and entrepreneurs – from startups to Fortune 100 companies
- career and transition coaching to more than 5000 individuals – increasing promotion rates and overall development
- multiple keynote addresses focused on leadership development; trained thousands of groups, and given a TEDx Women talk
Education – the basics:
- Bachelors Degree in business and communication
- Masters Degree focused on feminist theology
- Certifications in Spiritual Direction; the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI); Master Facilitator/Trainer of proprietary content in coaching, feedback, conflict-resolution, and accountability; and Facilitator Educational Training with Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes and the Archetypal and Cross-Cultural Studies Institute
Every one of these experiences, and then some, have compelled me toward the work I do today.
I’ve lived with and witnessed a desperate need for stories of strong, amazing, and wise women; for models, for trailblazers, for stamina and courage – in the workplace and beyond.
I know how much tenacity and wisdom it takes to survive, let alone thrive in relationships, careers, professions, and passions; what it takes to live a life that is awake, aware, and endlessly transforming.
Additional details and random facts:
- I have lived through the distinct pain of being a woman – in leadership and in life. I have known the risks, the costs, the disappointments, the challenges, and the requisite determination.
- I am a proud mother to the two most amazing young women on the entire planet (and cannot be convinced otherwise).
- I was in my early 40s before I learned about (and quickly adopted) feminism.
- I have owned my own business for 15+ years.
- I have trained, spoken, and written about women, their stories, and their strength for even longer.
- I believe that our stories shape us – the ones we’re aware of and especially the ones we’re not.
- I have an ongoing idea that I want to live in a Tiny House.
- I love black coffee in the morning (and a bit later than that…)
- I will endlessly argue that RedVines are far better than Twizzlers.
- The most true thing is this: women hold wisdom that defies convention, never wanes, and changes everything.
- Equally true: women are NEVER too much and they are MORE THAN enough.