I grew up in the church, steeped in stories (and doctrine and dogma and patriarchy and misogyny) that became part of me. None was to be questioned; certainly not walked away from. I’ve done both.
I walked away from my marriage (to the pastor), the church, and the beliefs I’d held sacred. I questioned every bit of the doctrine and dogma that had become like DNA. And patriarchy and misogyny? Don’t get me started…
But I took the stories with me; the stories of women. I could not leave them behind. Maybe more true is that they wouldn’t let me leave without them.
For nearly 20 years now, I have reimagined, retold, and redeemed the ancient, archetypal, and sacred stories of women – making them the protagonist, giving them voice, and curating their infinite, endless wisdom. Along the way, they have enabled the same in me. In truth, it has been their wisdom, their strength, and their sovereignty that has invited and empowered my own.
All this and then some is what I now offer you. And every bit of it feels profoundly sacred – in the best and most amazing of ways.
My work experience – some highlights:
- decades of experience that spans multiple industries: nonprofits, academics and higher-ed, the federal government, and for-profits
- 15+ years of executive-level leadership
- Senior VP for a global leadership development company that focused on communication skills, conflict resolution, feedback, coaching, delegation, and accountability
- Corporate Trainer/Facilitator; worked directly with Verizon, Nordstrom, Hormel, Rodan+Fields, the Make-a-Wish Foundation, TJX, Dominos, and more.
SPEAKING / COACHING
- more than 4,000 hours of one-on-one coaching with business owners, leaders, creatives, and entrepreneurs – from startups to Fortune 100 companies
- career and transition coaching to 5000+ individuals – increasing promotion rates and overall development
- multiple keynote addresses focused on leadership development; trained thousands of groups, and gave a TEDx Women talk
Education – the basics:
- Bachelors Degree in business and communication
- Master of Divinity Degree focused on feminist theology
- Certified Spiritual Director
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) certified; Master Facilitator/Trainer of proprietary content in coaching, feedback, conflict-resolution, and accountability
- Facilitator Educational Training with Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes and the Archetypal and Cross-Cultural Studies Institute
Additional details and random facts:
- I have lived through the distinct pain of being a woman – in leadership and in life. I have known the risks, the costs, the disappointments, the challenges, and the requisite determination.
- I continue to live into the distinct privilege, gift, and power of being a woman – in every possible way.
- I am a proud mother to the two most amazing young women on the entire planet (and cannot be convinced otherwise). My oldest lives in Kentucky and my youngest in Montana. I miss them every day. I love them even more.
- I was in my early 40s before I learned about (and quickly adopted) feminism.
- I have owned my own business for 15+ years.
- I have trained, spoken, and written about women, their stories, and their strength for even longer.
- I acknowledge the Coast Salish peoples of the land that touches the shared waters of all tribes and bands within the Duwamish, Puyallup, Suquamish, Tulalip and Muckleshoot nations.
- I believe that our stories shape us – the ones we’re aware of and especially the ones we’re not.
- I have an ongoing idea that I want to live in a Tiny House.
- I love black coffee in the morning (and a bit later than that…)
- I’m in the process of converting from wine to loose-leaf tea and Veganism instead of everything else.
- I will endlessly argue that RedVines are so much better than Twizzlers.
- The most true thing is this: women’s stories – when told in defiant and beautiful ways – have the power to change the world.
- Equally true: you are NEVER too much and you are MORE THAN enough.
Every one of these experiences, and then some, have compelled me toward the sacred work I do today…with and for you.
I know how much tenacity and wisdom it takes to survive as a woman, let alone thrive – in relationships, careers, professions, and passions; what it takes to live a life that is awake, aware, endlessly transforming, and sovereign.
So I offer you as much support and wisdom and grace that I possibly can. Click here to discover the ways I walk alongside you in your own amazing, sovereign, and sacred journey. It is truly my delight and privilege to do so.