People often ask me how I ever got started talking about Eve (and all the other ancient, sacred stories I tell). Though there are lots of answers to that question, my earliest beginnings are probably the best place to start…
From the womb through my early 40s, my life was shaped by religion. I was steeped in doctrine (and dogma and patriarchy and misogyny) all of which had profound impact.
None of it was not to be questioned; certainly not walked away from. I’ve done both.
I walked away from my marriage (to the pastor), the church, and the beliefs I’d held sacred. I questioned every bit of that doctrine and dogma that had become like DNA. The patriarchy and misogyny? Don’t get me started…
No matter what I left behind, I took the stories of women with me.
I couldn’t leave without them.
(Maybe more true, is that they wouldn’t let me leave without them.)
For nearly 20 years now, I have reimagined, retold, and redeemed the ancient, archetypal, and sacred stories of women – making them the protagonist, giving them voice, and curating their infinite, endless wisdom. Along the way, they have enabled the same in me. In truth, it has been their wisdom, their strength, and their sovereignty that has emboldened and empowered my own.
The wisdom, strength, and sovereignty of women – past, present, and future –
are what embolden and empower your story.
(I cannot be convinced otherwise.)
Whether or not your story is anything like mine,
I’m guessing you feel a similar affinity,
even a hunger for stories of women
who are strong, who encourage,who guide,
who offer endless wisdom and hope.
I’m also guessing that this is the kind of story you want to live.
My story hasn’t always (or often) gone the way I wanted, hoped, or expected. But just like yours, it’s been shaped profoundly along the way by struggles and joys, heartaches and celebrations, losses and successes.
It’s in learning to see all of these things – every word, sentence, and chapter of our story – that we come to understand and appreciate who we are.
We tend to forget just how much volition and agency we have to determine how our story goes.
(I wish I’d learned that sooner.)
Through so many lessons learned, so many stories heard and told, this is what I offer you: ways to understand, even embrace your story’s twists and turns, ways to be your own author, and how to be 100% yourself, 100% of the time.
There are two main ways that you and I can work together.
SOVEREIGNTY is an online group program I teach 4x/year.
Its sole intention is to help you be 100% yourself, 100% of the time:
wise, full of volition and agency, courageous,
and living the story you most desire and deserve.
If you want to dive deep into your story, there’s nothing I’d love more.
Learn more about working with me 1:1.
You can also peruse my other offerings including a Card Deck of the ancient, sacred stories I love.
Relevant details and random facts:
- I have lived through the distinct pain of being a woman – in leadership and in life. I have known the risks, the costs, the disappointments, the challenges, and the requisite determination.
- I continue to live into the distinct privilege, gift, and power of being a woman – in every possible way.
- I am a proud mother to the two most amazing young women on the entire planet (and cannot be convinced otherwise). My oldest lives in Kentucky and my youngest in Montana. I miss them every day; I love them even more.
- I was in my early 40s before I learned about (and quickly adopted) feminism.
- I have owned my own business for 15+ years.
- I have trained, spoken, and written about women, their stories, and their strength for even longer.
- I acknowledge the Coast Salish peoples of the land that touches the shared waters of all tribes and bands within the Duwamish, Puyallup, Suquamish, Tulalip and Muckleshoot nations.
- I believe that our stories shape us – the ones we’re aware of and especially the ones we’re not.
- I have an ongoing idea that I want to live in a Tiny House.
- I love black coffee in the morning (and a bit later than that…)
- I’m in the on-again-off-again process of converting from wine to loose-leaf tea and Veganism instead of everything else.
- I will endlessly argue that RedVines are so much better than Twizzlers.
- The most true thing is this: women’s stories – when told in defiant and beautiful ways – have the power to change the world.
- Equally true: you are NEVER too much and you are MORE THAN enough.
- Decades of experience that spans multiple industries: nonprofits, academics and higher-ed, the federal government, and for-profits.
- 15+ years of executive-level leadership.
- Senior VP for a global leadership development company that focused on communication skills, conflict resolution, feedback, coaching, delegation, and accountability,
- Corporate Trainer/Facilitator; worked directly with Verizon, Nordstrom, Hormel, Rodan+Fields, the Make-a-Wish Foundation, TJX, Dominos, and more.
SPEAKING / COACHING
- 4,000+ hours of one-on-one coaching with business owners, leaders, creatives, and entrepreneurs – from startups to Fortune 100 companies.
- Career and transition coaching to 5000+ individuals – increasing promotion rates and overall development.
- multiple keynote addresses focused on leadership development; trained thousands of groups, and gave a TEDx talk.
- Bachelors Degree in business and communication.
- Master of Divinity Degree focused on feminist theology
- Certified Spiritual Director.
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) certified; Master Facilitator/Trainer of proprietary content in coaching, feedback, conflict-resolution, and accountability.
- Facilitator Educational Training with Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes and the Archetypal and Cross-Cultural Studies Institute.