Hi! I’m Ronna.
The short “about me” version? I love stories.
The medium version? I pay lots of attention to the stories we’ve been told and the ones we tell ourselves.
The longer version? I’m so glad you asked!
“There is no greater agony
than bearing an untold story inside you.”
“…the stories we tell ourselves are the stories that
define the potentialities of our existence.
We are the stories we tell ourselves.”
“Every story matters…
We are all worthy of telling our stories and
having them heard. We all need to be seen and honored
in the same way that we all need to breathe.”
So much has shaped my story over the years:
- struggles, heartaches, and losses
- celebrations, joys, and miracles
- the church (even though I’ve left it behind)
- the ancient, sacred stories of women (too often buried under dust and dogma)
- growing up in the Western U.S. in a white, middle-class family
- international travel and living (more, please!)
- higher education
- jobs, careers, entrepreneurship
- capitalism (which makes me slightly insane)
- patriarchy (which infuriates me)
- movies (just try and guess my favorite!)
- friends and family
- marriage and divorce
- being a mom (the biggest privilege ever)
In all of this (and so much more) I’ve learned three significant things:
- Each of us live a one-of-a-kind story that deserves to be heard, seen, and honored.
- Every line-scene-page-chapter, emotion, relationship, conversation, harm, and hope is profoundly sacred.
- Living into the truth of this is a lifetime’s work.
And if I were to include one more learning it would be this:
There is absolutely nothing I love more than exactly this work.
And so that’s exactly what I do.
For nearly 20 years, I have been in (sacred) conversation with women – paying close attention to and honoring their stories.
Many of those conversations have been with women from the past – ancient, archetypal, and sacred stories. I imagine what they would say if they’d been given voice; what I believe they say even now, even still. (And I expressed that voice in my TEDx Talk.)
Many more have been with women just like you – who long to step more fully into the story that is theirs; heal “texts” that have wounded, silenced, and shamed; embrace the limitless potential of their desire; and experience the sacred in the tiniest detail, the grandest experience, everywhere and all the time.
There are two ways to have (sacred) conversations with me:
The very BEST place to start is by signing up to receive the weekly letter I write to you!
Some relevant details and random facts from my story:
- I have lived through the distinct pain of being a woman – in leadership and in life. I have known the risks, the costs, the disappointments, the challenges, and the requisite determination.
- I continue to live into the distinct privilege, gift, and power of being a woman – in every possible way.
- I am a proud mother to the two most amazing young women on the entire planet (and cannot be convinced otherwise). My oldest lives in Kentucky and my youngest in Montana. I miss them every day; I love them even more.
- I’m an ENFJ, a 3 on the Enneagram, and a Sagittarius.
- I was in my early 40s before I learned about (and quickly adopted) feminism.
- I have two tattoos – neither of which I got until I was in my 50s.
- I have owned my own business for 15+ years.
- I have trained, spoken, and written about women, their stories, and their strength for even longer. And I can’t help it: I’ve created a whole webpage on just how amazing they are!)
- I acknowledge the Coast Salish peoples of the land that touches the shared waters of all tribes and bands within the Duwamish, Puyallup, Suquamish, Tulalip and Muckleshoot nations.
- I have an ongoing idea that I want to live in a Tiny House.
- I love black coffee in the morning (and a bit later than that…)
- I’m in the on-again-off-again process of converting from wine to loose-leaf tea and Veganism.
- I will endlessly argue that RedVines are so much better than Twizzlers.
- The most true thing is this: women’s stories – when told in defiant and beautiful ways – have the power to change the world. This includes yours!
- The best thing ever is this: powerful, provocative, and gorgeous conversations with women. How can they not be sacred?!?
- And just a given: you are NEVER too much and you are MORE THAN enough.
And here’s the official story:
- Decades of experience that spans multiple industries: nonprofits, academics and higher-ed, the federal government, and for-profits.
- 15+ years of executive-level leadership.
- Senior VP for a global leadership development company that focused on communication skills, conflict resolution, feedback, coaching, delegation, and accountability,
- Corporate Trainer/Facilitator; worked directly with Verizon, Nordstrom, Hormel, Rodan+Fields, the Make-a-Wish Foundation, TJX, Dominos, and more.
SPEAKING / COACHING
- 4,000+ hours of one-on-one coaching with business owners, leaders, creatives, and entrepreneurs – from startups to Fortune 100 companies.
- Career and transition coaching to 5000+ individuals – increasing promotion rates and overall development.
- Multiple keynote addresses focused on leadership development; trained thousands of groups, and gave a TEDx talk.
- Bachelors Degree in business and communication.
- Master of Divinity Degree focused on feminist theology
- Certified Spiritual Director.
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) certified; Master Facilitator/Trainer of proprietary content in coaching, feedback, conflict-resolution, and accountability.
- Facilitator Educational Training with Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes and the Archetypal and Cross-Cultural Studies Institute.
And just because…
Meet Mala. She’s clearly the one in charge around here.
Want to learn more, talk more, even now? Me too!
That’s why I hold time for free, one-hour conversations. No obligation. Nothing salesy. Just a chance to get together over a cup of coffee or tea and ponder any and everything together. Definitely schedule a call!