Write Yourself Whole
Writing expresses your heart in powerful ways. Having your writing read, even between the lines, has the capacity to reveal even more of your heart. It’s sacred, safe, and holy ground…
- A meditative, paced, and generous context in which to reflect on your stories; to have me come alongside, find patters, identify themes, and help you see what emerges.
- My heart-felt response to your story, your struggles, your joys.
- Open, kind, and honest feedback; my thoughts on your behalf, my heart on your behalf.
- Ways in which writing can invite new understandings of self and the sacred.
Writing and reading decrease our sense of isolation. They deepen and widen and expand our sense of life: they feed the soul…We are given a shot at dancing with, or at least clapping along with, the absurdity of life, instead of being squashed by it over and over again. It’s like singing on a boat during a terrible storm at sea.
You can’t stop the raging storm, but singing can change the hearts and spirits of the people who are together on that ship.
~ Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life
Though face-to-face relationship and conversation can be rich and beyond-transformative, I have found that writing often gets at (and under the surface of) things even more profoundly. Certainly, I have known this to be true for myself – through my own journaling, my own scrawled emotions, my reams of saved .doc files. Writing, for many of us, allows us to express ourselves in ways that talking sometimes restrains. That’s why I’ve created this space for us together.
I love face-to-face relationship and conversation, but there is something profound and unique about being able to read your words – and then respond in kind – that is sacred space, holy privilege, and deep trust. I’d be honored to be in all that with you.
- A couture and uniquely personalized writing process is crafted just for you; a directed, step-by-step series of writing prompts that help you identify and articulate things that matter most. (There’s no possible way to do this incorrectly!)
- After I receive your writing, I read it – gratefully, humbly, and with the most sacred awareness of your heart. Within one week I will respond. No template. Just my words, insights, “seeings,” wisdom, and hope on your behalf.
- This personalized response comes back to you in document form with my thoughts embedded and woven within yours. In addition, I provide you the next round of writing prompts to move you to a new and deeper level of understanding. As long as we work together, this process repeats – going deeper, exploring more, inviting hope, change, and desire.
- And throughout, you have unlimited email access to me – anytime. Just hit “send.” I’m here for you.
A trial writing session: $50 | Month-to-month: $150 | 3-months: $400 | One year: $1000
(Payment plans are available for 3-month and 1-year packages.)
Spiritual writing expands the interior conversation of consciousness to include your relationship with the sacred. You are no longer alone on the quest…You are in conversation with Something you perceive as beyond, or deep within, yourself. It is this inclusion of the sacred that spiritualizes the writing. ~ Christina Baldwin, Storycatcher
Email me: email@example.com with any questions. Learn more about talking together (instead of, or in addition to writing) – via phone or in person: Sacred Conversation. And read more about my thoughts on Spiritual Direction, what it’s about, and why I’m so passionate about it.