Though there is much I could speak to, let’s start with the resume-esque details. Further down the page you’ll see the more anecdotal (and slightly more amusing) specifics.
Work Experience – some highlights:
- decades (yes, decades) of experience that spans multiple industries: nonprofits, academics and higher-ed, the federal government, and for-profits
- 15+ years of executive-level leadership
- SVP for a global leadership development company focusing on communication skills, conflict resolution, feedback, coaching, delegation, and accountability
I get what it’s like to lead and what’s needed to build leadership skills with soul. Truly.
SPEAKING / COACHING
- more than 4,000 hours of one-on-one coaching with business owners, leaders, creatives, and entrepreneurs – from startups to Fortune 100 companies
- career and transition coaching to more than 5000 individuals – increasing promotion rates and overall development
- multiple keynote addresses focused on leadership development; trained thousands of groups, and given a TEDx Women talk
I’m so passionate about this work on your behalf. I’ve spent decades collaborating with women leaders – increasing connection with their soul and enhancing their capacity to thrive.
Education – the basics:
- a BA in business and communication and an MA focused on leadership development and communication
- Certifications –
– Spiritual Direction
– Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
– Master Facilitator of proprietary coaching, feedback, conflict-resolution, and accountability
– Facilitator Educational Training – Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes and the Archetypal and Cross-Cultural Studies Institute
Additional details and random facts:
- I have lived through the distinct pain of being a woman in leadership – the risks, the costs, the disappointments, the challenges, and the requisite determination.
- I am a proud mother to the two most amazing young women on the entire planet (and cannot be convinced otherwise).
- I was in my early 40s before I learned about (and quickly adopted) feminism.
- I have owned my own business for 15+ years.
- I have trained, spoken, and written about women, their stories, and their strength for even longer.
- I believe that our stories shape us – the ones we’re aware of and especially the ones we’re not.
- I am clear that working with me merits ROI and long-term results (just in case you’re making a business case).
- I have an ongoing idea that I want to live in a Tiny House.
- I love black coffee in the morning (and a bit later than that…)
- I will endlessly argue that RedVines are far better than Twizzlers.
- The most true thing is this: conversation with amazing women is the best thing ever. Let’s have them – you and me.
I could talk about stories forever and a day.
They fuel my soul and my work – on self and with others – professionally, personally, in every way.
Clarissa Pinkola Estes, author of Women Who Run With the Wolves says this:
A woman’s issues of soul cannot be treated by carving her into a more acceptable form as defined by an unconscious culture, nor can she be bent into a more intellectually acceptable shape by those who claim to be the sole bearers of consciousness…[S]tories provide understandings which sharpen our sight so that we can pick out and pick up the path…[They] lead women deeper, and more deeply still, into their own knowing.
So, accompanied by stories – my own, others’, and yours – this is what I do: pick up the path, capture the scent of your soul, and follow it with impeccable determination.
Click here to schedule a 30-minute conversation with me to talk about your story.